Radical Acceptance




I've been working on this concept for a while know, turns out I'm really hard-headed.  I honestly don't see how people can accomplish this concept without a Higher Power. 

My Higher Power is the God of the Bible and His son Jesus Christ. Knowing that God knows the number of hairs on my hard-head, that He knows my numbered days and has them all planned out for me, to give me a "hope and a future", these promises give me much peace.  

How can I not trust Him?  He has done miracles in our lives. He's lead us from our home state into a community and church that was saturated of Him, His Word and discipleship.  He's fought for us in our case against a state's retirement board for a medical disability. He's given us numerous brothers and sisters in Christ that sharpen us and walk through life with us. 

He's allowed things to happen that we'd never imagine.  We figured Neal would just retire from the state police.  Turns out that dream was stripped away in a few short sentences.  Fast forward many years and now Neal's facing the heartache of being removed from a place on staff at church and all for reasons that confuse us. I've never seen my husband's heart break like it did a few days ago and continues to ache.  But even in the sadness, we trust our God that all of this will work out for His and our good (Romans 8:28).  

Going back to the definition of radical acceptance, "...is about saying yes to life, just as it is." Think of His goodness to us in the past, I trust Him that this can be turned into good.  

Nothing against us shall stand because our hope is in God and knowing, remembering His faithfulness in the past. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment