Any One Out There?

PTSD causes isolation of the sufferer but it also puts the carer (AKA support partner, 'battle buddy' or in my case the wife) in a whirlwind of isolation as well.

Post-traumatic stress disorder lurks around every corner of life.  Just when the sufferer thinks they've made great strides in conquering triggers and gained momentous coping skills, IT sneaks around the corner just like a thief in the night. IT holds your life hostage. IT steals so much from the sufferer and the family that's involved.  Just when your guard is down, IT takes you by surprise and throws your world upside down-again with no idea how long it will last this time.  

I can't imagine how my husband feels in relation to how PTSD isolates.  We have only come across one person who has PTSD and it's not a personal relationship so there is no mutual support.  Post-traumatic stress disorder isn't a common ground, especially since only 5% of men develop it.  So that makes me want to scream, 'HELLO?! IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN UNDERSTAND?!'  

To have someone who truly understands would be a breath of fresh air to my soul.  Sure, there are forums online but I want a living, breathing person (a PTSD carer, another wife) who I can talk to face-to-face, someone to shed my tears with, have someone understand how our daily lives are like.  I appreciate anyone who sympathizes, truly I do, but to have someone understand to me is a process of grieving therefore healing. 

God has not put this person in my path. He may not, He may.  While I realize God has made us to be in community (why I desire a person to connect with), He will be my strength.  He will be my faithful Father.  He is the only true and pure sense of love, support and offering of healing anyway.  God will never fail me, for this I am sure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment