I'm just here to write for therapy and self-expression, about police life, law-enforcement PTSD and awareness, faith and how it evolves over time, motherhood, and life.
Identity
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
God's been asking me:
"Where is your identity? What's your motive of heart?"
No, that blog title isn't some positive statement saying that I stop to smell the roses or stop to notice the sunset every night, the sunrise, etc Or that, it's those little things that bring true, pure joy in life that keep me going amidst this time between the two gardens (Eden and the New Heaven). Nope, it's the little things that this past year, I'd normally chalk up to 'synchronicity of the universe' or, what I used to call 'God stops.' 'God stops' being when God just grabs your attention. Why the two universes of thought you may wonder? Because I'm in a major faith struggle, the biggest one of my 34 years if I'm being honest. Up until this point, the people closest to me would say my faith and trust in God is strong, encouraging even and I'd have to agree actually. My faith has been the only thing that's gotten me through life's curve balls, disappointments, challenges, heartaches, whatever you want to call them. ...
If you get disgusted easily about bodily functions then please don't proceed reading this post ;) I can assure you though that it's two little but cool stories of how revealed Himself to me in ways that are not big or conventional. It's about sickness (and it's repercussions and my son's bowel movements). For you brave ones ready to read here we go.... I couldn't decide if I wanted to make this post public or not. After all, it's about my children's poop LOL But, this blog is to journal how God proves Himself to me , my faith journey, and after talking to two friends about whether or not to blog it they said I should so here I am. Recently Emery, my five-year-old, got the stomach bug and ended up with diarrhea which ended up in a painfully sore bottom :( What's this have to do with God? Neal and I have been talking to her day in and day out about how God loves for us to talk with Him, that we are His children, that He cares abo...
I highly recommend Beth Moore's "Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring The Fruit Of The Spirit." I will be eventually blog the lessons He has taught me through this study which leads me to my #1 lesson..... Patience. If you really know me well you know I am a very impatient gal. Like most people who live in today's culture, I want something when I want it. In fact, it makes me mad or unsettled when I do have to wait. Our culture is soaked with impatience, every where you look and go. The first word in the Bible for patience is the Greek word hupomone which means 'to persevere, remain under...bearing up under....refers to that quality of character which does not allow one to surrender to or succumb under trial.' It's endurance in relation to "things or circumstances." This patience is inspired by hope in Jesus Christ. This word for hope is elpis which means, 'the desire of some good with expectation of obtaining it." It's a po...
Comments
Post a Comment