A word from God

"Jess,
Consider these things in my Word that I've put in your way right now....  Am I enough for you?"  -God



Psalm 37:3-7
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
   dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
   your vindication like the noonday sun.
 7 Be still before the LORD
   and wait patiently for him;

do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
   when they carry out their wicked schemes.

To me God just wants me to keep on doing good, trusting Him when I don't understand, when the pain/fears seem to outweigh the good that can be measured in this life. Right now I see God has brought us through stuff by being by our side and teaching us.  In some ways I think I just expect God to deliver me/us of stuff.  More then likely that's not His plan, His plan or our promised land is to go through these thing and have Him be enough.  Not count on other things that will perish or fade. 

Proverbs 16:9
 9 In their hearts humans plan their course,
   but the LORD establishes their steps.

In my eyes this verse means just what has happened, we plan our own course but things don't work out.  I need to be at peace with this and see how God can use it for His good and our good.  I want God to be proud of me, at the end of my life, I want Him to be all I need/desire, not the things of this world.  I want Him to say to me "well done good and faithful servant."  But I feel like I've done nothing but fail, or just not succeed I guess is how to explain it better.  There, that's the problem, it's all on the "world's terms" or I'm thinking of the flesh and not of the spirit.  The flesh leads to death, living by the spirit leads to life.  I feel like the past couple of weeks I've been doing a lot better at living by the spirit, this was just a hiccup today and I need to forgive myself of that.  I need to not expect perfection from myself.  

1 Peter 5:6-7
 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

In due time-ha!  I've just started to grasp the concept that  God's timing is not my timing and this hurts.  The control freak in me feels boxed in and terrified.  I know that ultimately His timing is better but my pea-sized brain can't die to my flesh...again the whole living by flesh vs. spirit.  And the obviously....anxiety/fear, the things I expressed today, are not from God.

Lord, 
Transform my mind.  Remind me that it's okay if I fail, that Your grace covers that.  Remind me that if you give me grace then I should do the same for myself.  I just desire to be your servant and these trials or storms are your way of forming me and ultimately I'm thankful for your hands shaping my world, my heart, my mind and my life for your glory.  
Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment