Need True Friends?

I think in today's society we keep people at a distance, we think we don't need close friendships.  I myself keep people at a distance, afraid to get hurt eventually while at the same time desire a few quality friendships that I can be authentic and transparent with.   Wee can also convince ourselves that we don't need people, true friends, in our lives.  Then of course we all fight the battle of not wanting people to know the true us.  In our society we somehow always hide our true selves, afraid or ashamed of our real selves.  We put on that mask, like our lives are perfect and we've got it all together.  I've learned the more people put on this mask the more messed up they really are.  I'm not being judgmental, I used to be one of them!
I believe God created us to "do life" with people, alongside us.  Having brothers and sisters in Christ stand behind us and be there for us, night or day, during our battle with PTSD has made life that much easier.  It reminds us that we are more than conquerors in Christ and we have more then 2 soldiers in this battle, fighting for us. 
Our #1 goal in our life is to have relational discipleship and bring God glory through our lives.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment