'You Have Overcome' and the Small Things

Today I'm not strong.
Today I'm not a rock.
Today I'm empty, a dry well.  
Today I'm worn, crushed under this weight.  
Lord, I need your peace. I need the rest only you can provide.  
This is today but I know tomorrow is an all new hope set in You.  Thank you for that hope.

Why don't I feel Your supernatural strength?  Is it because you're withholding, not to be mean, but to teach me something? To make me truly rely on you? I thought I've passed that lesson.  What am I missing here Lord?  Or do I not feel you because of an unknown sin? Maybe it's a sin I know of such as fear, apathy or anxiety that has created a barrier.  I've been begging you for months to help me with these sins.  Is it because I'm selfish? I'm tired of pouring out. Please reveal to me clearly as you always have as to what's going on in the spiritual realm of my heart.  

Normally I can confidently continue supporting this weight of being his rock, their rock with the knowledge that You have overcome this world and all that is within it.  This truth means I will, without a doubt, overcome seeing as I have You, Your love, Your grace Your blood flowing through my veins.  I still see and know that hope today but it's only in my head and not in my heart.  






        
Though I war a stronger enemy                    *PTSD, fear, anxiety, apathy*
Still Your Word secures my victory 
Oh Your Word secures my victory                *My victory can not be stolen by these enemies*

VERSE 2 
And when pain's deep in the offering             *Obedience to a calling seems to have left 
And my heavy heart's no song to sing           me dry, lack of Titus 2 relationships I had*
When Your voice is silence mystery 
This stable hope is clarity 
Oh this stable hope remains for me 

CHORUS 1 
That You have overcome 
You have overcome 


I know I will overcome only in Your strength Lord, it's just today I don't have any of my own (which I know is a blessing). 

My blog explanations that sweet tea is a simple pleasure for me and that it's the simple things in life that count.  You sent me a message today saying that little things can stretch a long way in regards to taking that moment to stop and be still. I have lost this ability it seems.  I'm going to make an effort to stop, see the small things such as the sun shinning, the smile of my baby girl and how her face lights up when she sees me, like when my baby boy says, 'Mama' because he adores me or when my sweet 7 year old comes up and gives me a kiss and lets me know, 'You're the best Mommy. I'm so glad God made you my mommy.'  I need to stop, soak in those moments and make them last longer.   Maybe I'm not actually missing some big message from You.  Maybe you just want me to listen to You, find You in unconventional ways, in the small things.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment