Peace, His Peace

"My peace I give to you” John 14:27


  • God is in control of everything. Without this assurance, the world is a scary place.
  • He loves me and will see me through every circumstance, no matter how difficult or painful it may be.
  • To have Christ’s peace, I must surrender my life to Him. When I hold onto my ways and plans, I’ll experience turmoil.
  • I have a limited perspective and understanding of my circumstances and God’s purposes for allowing them. His goals for me are greater than my immediate comfort.
  • The Lord promises to work all things out for my good. He is continually working to transform my character into Christ’s image.
  • I must live in sync with God, walking in the Spirit and promptly confessing and repenting of sin.
  • Scripture is my foundation for peace. It increases my trust in the Lord’s goodness, assures me that He keeps His promises, and reminds me of His sovereignty over every situation.
If we should hold on to any form of comfort on this side of heaven it should be the points above and live by John 14:27.  We have truly learned that these truths claim the power of the Holy Spirit to shed light on any fear, anxiety or darkness.  

Over the next few days I'm challenged to live by His peace.  On Monday we are getting a sonogram on Jude's spine to screen for a possible case of microscopic spina bifida.   The pediatrician is just screening and isn't too concerned,  in fact she said she can not remember a time when the test came back positive but it's a 'just in case' situation.  

We really do feel at peace about Jude's physical health but you know how the enemy likes to play on that peace. 

Jesus, thank you for the peace, the Holy Spirit, that you have left for us to live by during this life.  You truly are worthy of my trust because you are good!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment