In That Terrorizing Moment You Choose Me

It's that jump, that moan.  I know what it means.  I know what's coming.

It means while you're next to me physically but you're not really with me, you're trapped in the past.  When I hear that groan,  I know you are re-living, re-experiencing a horrific and terrifying real-life event that no human should have to experience.  Your brain continually plays that slideshow and you can not do a darn thing to stop it.  No wonder going to sleep is something you hate.  Thing is though, even when you're awake your brain still plays it continually, maybe just not as much as when you're asleep.

That moan means my heart is breaking. I hate what you had to live through and that you can not be free from it.  If there is anyone who can fight this, survive this, it's you.  It's you and me together.

You see, at this moment in time there is something good that comes from this. Out of all the earthly comforts this world has to offer, you choose for me to be your security.  I am your 'lovey', just as a child has that one item that offers security in anxious times. You know I'll be there, on the other side of the bed when you come back to me, when you're freed from that dream from hell. I feel you reach out for me and draw in closer and closer and hold onto me like I'm your lifeline.

I'm so thankful you choose me.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment