These Ordinary Days...

I just watched a video of a mother who spoke about 'ordinary days.'  You know, those days that seems to last forever because the baby woke up too many times last night, it's raining yet again and you don't want to  leave the house, the five year old is way too hyper for my own lack of energy and motivation, you feel like you're going to break down in tears from the dishes, laundry, clutter and dirty floors screaming at you.  You know, those days?

In fact it feels so rare to not have an 'ordinary day.'  Maybe that's why I like the slightest change in life.  Heck, even switching around the furniture in the living-room excites me.

But life is in deed filled with 'ordinary days' and all of the sudden my 'baby' isn't an infant any more and my daughter is turning into a little lady.  That newborn cry is gone and now the five-year-old likes to have alone time and asking questions like, 'How are girls and boys different?'  Why is it so easy to 'just get through the day' and not cherish every day? What does it take to get over this 'ordinary day syndrome'?  Prayer and dependence on the Lord for reminders that every breath, let alone every day, is a gift.

Lord,
Help me to increase my energy and broaden my perspective. Broaden my perspective that one day, it will just be Neal and I. One day I will indeed have 'time to myself' and will miss these days of 'ordinary' and chaos   Help me to remember that this roof over my head, dirty clothes piled up, etc are blessings from you that you've entrusted and called  me to take care of.  Guide me to live as an abiding wife, mama and daughter of Christ through your Holy Spirit and not as 'Super Mom.'  Please forgive me for not being thankful for these 'ordinary days.'  Amen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tas Philas

Today My Husband....

That Priceless Moment